1. Begin on hands and knees (table pose), with hands flat on the mat and knees shoulder-width apart, looking downwards
2. Inhale, and bring the right knee towards the forehead, rounding the back to keep the knee elevated. Retain the breath.
3. Exhale, and extend the right leg back. Bend the knee and lengthen and arch the spine – bringing the toes as close to the head as possible. Look forwards and upwards and again. Inhale and retain the breath.
4. Repeat this motion several times, then repeat with the other leg.
This pose flexes, stretches and strengthens the lower back muscles and loosens the spine. It benefits, digestion, reproduction and elimination. It’s an excellent pose for toning abdominal muscles – and can be especially effective for women following pregnancy and child-birth.
Vyaghrasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Heal Your Lower Back Pain With These 5 Yoga Poses
- 7 Yoga Poses for Lower Back Pain Relief
- DEFINITION OF LOW BACK PAIN
- 9 Simple Yoga Poses To Help With Back Pain
- Yoga Poses to Ease Back Pain