1. Begin by standing with feet 3-4 feet apart with knees unbent, left, foot facing forwards, right foot facing outwards.
2. Raise arms parallel to the floor, extending the arms and reaching with the fingertips.
3. Extend the torso to the right and the hips to the left, then hinge at the hips reaching down with the right hand towards the floor (or shin or a block – depending on flexibility).
4. Return to standing, then repeat on the other side.
This pose strengthens the core, the flanks, the groin, the thighs, knees, ankles and the hips. It also strengthens the heart and benefits the circulation.
Trikonasana Photo Gallery
Some studies suggest that the current recommendation of 200400 IUs of vitamin D for pregnant women is not sufficient and that supplementing daily with 10006400 IUs of vitamin D would help to alleviate deficiency without toxicity.53 Some sources of vitamin D are responsible sun exposure, fatty fish, eggs, and beef liver. Magnesium is the third needed party with vitamin D and calcium Magnesium helps you metabolize vitamin D, which in turn helps you absorb calcium Since your baby’s skeletal system is rapidly growing and forming, she can use all the help she can get and magnesium will provide great benefit to the other second trimester superstar nutrients, calcium and vitamin D. Some examples of magnesium sources are spinach, chard, pumpkin seeds, Greek yogurt, kefir, almonds, black beans, avocado, and dark chocolate. Your need for iron is especially great during the second trimester, and yet around half of all pregnant women do not get adequate amounts. Your blood volume is increasing at a rapid rate and you need sufficient iron to create hemoglobin, which is a protein in red blood cells. Iron also helps to transport oxygen from your lungs to your baby, as well as the rest of your body.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Heal Your Lower Back Pain With These 5 Yoga Poses
- 7 Yoga Poses for Lower Back Pain Relief
- DEFINITION OF LOW BACK PAIN
- 9 Simple Yoga Poses To Help With Back Pain
- Yoga Poses to Ease Back Pain