Stress-Management Techniques Lifestyle Stress Management
For each of the areas listed in the table below, describe your current lifestyle as it relates to stress management. For example, do you have enough social support? How are your exercise and nutrition habits? Is time management a problem for you? For each area, list two ways that you could change your current habits to help you manage your stress. Sample strategies might include calling a friend before a challenging class, taking a short walk before lunch, and buying and using a datebook to track your time.
Choose two relaxation techniques described in this chapter (progressive relaxation, visualization, deep breathing, meditation, listening to music). If a recording is available for progressive relaxation or visualization, these techniques can be performed by your entire class as a group.
Stress-Management Techniques Lifestyle Stress Management Photo Gallery
List the techniques you tried.
How did you feel before you tried these techniques?
What did you think or how did you feel during each of the techniques you tried?
How did you feel after you tried these techniques?
Developing Spiritual Wellness
To develop spiritual wellness, it is important to take time out to think about what gives meaning and purpose to your life and what actions you can take to support the spiritual dimension of your life.
This week, spend some quiet time alone with your thoughts and feelings. Slow the pace of your day, remove your watch, turn your phone off, and focus on your immediate experience. Try one of the following activities or develop another that is meaningful to you and that contributes to your sense of spiritual well-being.
• Spend time in nature. Experience continuity with the natural world by spending solitary time in a natural setting. Watch the sky (day or night), a sunrise, or a sunset; listen to waves on a shore or wind in the trees; feel the breeze on your face or raindrops on your skin; smell the grass, brush, trees, or flowers. Open all your senses to the beauty of nature.
• Experience art, architecture, or music. Spend time with a work of art or architecture or a piece of music. Choose one that will awaken your senses, engage your emotions, and challenge your understanding. Take a break and then repeat the experience to see how your responses change the second time.
• Express your creativity. Set aside time for a favorite activity, one that allows you to express your creative side. Sing, draw, paint, play a musical instrument, sculpt, build, dance, cook, garden choose an activity in which you will be so engaged that you will lose track of time. Strive for feelings of joy and exhilaration.
• Engage in a personal spiritual practice. Pray, meditate, do yoga, chant. Choose a spiritual practice that is familiar to you or try one that is new. Tune out the outside world and turn your attention inward, focusing on the experience.
In the space below, describe the personal spiritual activity you tried and how it made you feel both during the activity and after.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga And Diet For Weight Loss
- Kimberly Wyatt Workout Routine
- Exercises Fitness Yoga Lose Weight
- BUILD STRENGTH Open Your Chest And Tone Your Arms, Legs And Core In One Simple Yoga Pode
- Use The Power Of Your Mind To Create The Life You Want