• Lie on stomach, legs straight, feet together, soles upward, forehead on floor.
• Place your palms below and to side of the shoulders, elbows tucked in.
• Inhale and raise the head and upper body.
• Lift both palms off the ground as shown and hold, breathing normally.
• Exhale and slowly resume start position.
• Lie on stomach, legs straight, feet together, soles upward.
• Interlock the fingers behind the back.
• Inhale and pull your arms back, raising head and upper body as shown.
• Hold position breathing normally.
SARPASANA Photo Gallery
Choline Choline promotes the proper functioning of cells, and since your baby is growing rapidly in this trimester, choline is key. The Journal of American College of Nutrition has reported that choline may be depleted during pregnancy, so consuming adequate choline will assist with keeping your levels in proper range. Choline is vital for your baby’s memory development and can be found in eggs, shrimp, scallops, chicken, turkey, cod, salmon, collard greens, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, garbanzo beans, and lentils. Healthy Fats Your baby’s brain is developing at an exponential rate, and omega-3 fatty acids (specifically docosahexaenoic acid or DHA) will help to facilitate this growth. In fact, adequate DHA consumption has been linked to improved infant cognition as well as the formation of your baby’s nervous system, according to numerous studies.63 Some research also suggests that maternal omega-3 fatty acid consumption is associated with lower risk of postpartum depression.64 In addition, building your own healthy fat stores will help to prepare you for breastfeeding (if you choose to do so) and provide energy for labor.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Best Yoga Yoga Instructor Cape Town
- Supta Padangusthasana
- Virabhadrasana I
- Gorilla Pose Yoga
- Reverse Table Top – Ardha Purvottanasana