Reverse Table Top – Ardha Purvottanasana
Main Benefit – Strengthens the back of the body and opens the front.
1. Come to sit on your mat, with your knees bent and feet flat on the mat.
2. Bring your hands just behind you, fingers pointing forwards.
3. Start by raising the buttocks just off the floor.
4. If ok, raise the hips all the way so they are in line with your knees and shoulders.
5. Let your head rest back into the fold of the neck.
6. Get a sense of the shoulder working down away from the head. Allow the elbows to have a tiny bend in them, avoid hyperextending the elbow joint.
7. Plant your fingers and toes into the floor.
8. Connect with your breath and hold for around 5 long steady breaths.
9. To come out slowly, lower your buttocks first; the head will naturally roll up without any effort.
10. Come to sit back on the mat.