Reclining Hero Pose
Backbend • 3 to 5 minutes
Bolster (or 2 rolled blankets or a large pillow)
- Reclining Hero Pose may not be suitable for all bodies; do this pose only if you can easily sit with your hips on the ground between your feet.
- If you experience pain or discomfort in your knees or lower back in this pose, substitute with Supported Bridge .
- If you are pregnant, do this pose with your bolster stacked on two blocks as shown in Pregnant Goddess Poseto reduce the curve in your lower back.
Restorative Yoga Poses Reclining Hero Pose Photo Gallery
- Supports your spine in extension.
- Provides a delicious stretch across your knees, quadriceps, hip flexors, belly, and chest.
- Relieves the effects of extended periods spent sitting.
- . Start on your hands and knees with the bolster laid out the long way behind your toes. Bring your knees together and your feet wide enough to sit in between them.
- . Using your hands for support, lie back onto the bolster behind you.
Relax your arms to the sides.
- . Remain in Reclining Hero for 3 to 5 minutes. To exit, lift your head, then use your arms to press yourself up. Come to a sitting position and stretch your legs out in front of you.
If this pose is accessible but does not feel restorative to you, try using two bolsters, or stacking folded blankets on your bolster for additional support.