Head to Bolster Pose
Hip Opener, Forward Fold • 5 to 8 minutes
Bolster (or 2 rolled blankets or a large pillow)
- Gently stretches your back, glutes, groin, and inner thigh muscles.
- Allows those with spinal injury and those in the late stages of pregnancy to enjoy gentle forward folding.
- Can help alleviate neck pain, headache, and jaw pain.
Restorative Yoga Poses : Head to Bolster Pose Photo Gallery
- . From a sitting position, bring the soles of your feet together and let your knees fall apart wide. Then move your feet apart so you can place the end of the bolster between them.
- . Draw the other end of the bolster toward you and rest your forehead on it. Relax your arms.
- . Remain in Head to Bolster Pose for 5 to 8 minutes. To exit, hold the bolster with your hands and lift your head.
Bring your awareness to the center of your forehead and allow the gentle pressure of the bolster to ease tension in your temples and jaw.