Poses Of Bikram Yoga
• Icing, massage, and initial rest.
• Massage is often painful when done correctly by an experienced therapist, but can speed the healing. The pain usually goes away after the treatment.
• Stretching should be avoided until after the injury has been in a healing mode. It is best used, carefully, to prevent recurrence.
• Evaluate the gait for overpronation and supination as well as inefficient yoga form.
• If the problem persists or is very painful, see a doctor. The more serious pain can indicate a joint problem or a bone injury among other issues.
• Physical therapy may be needed if pain persists. Electrical modalities, manual therapy, and peripheral muscle strengthening is helpful.
• This injury can last for many months, especially if it is ignored, and training is continued with pain.
• An MRI can define which tissue is injured and sometimes locate scarring on the tendon. Diagnostic injection can sometimes be productive when performed by a skilled sports orthopedist. Ask the doctor why extended rest is needed, if this is prescribed.