Poses Of Bikram Yoga
• Icing, massage, and initial rest.
• Massage is often painful when done correctly by an experienced therapist, but can speed the healing. The pain usually goes away after the treatment.
• Stretching should be avoided until after the injury has been in a healing mode. It is best used, carefully, to prevent recurrence.
• Evaluate the gait for overpronation and supination as well as inefficient yoga form.
• If the problem persists or is very painful, see a doctor. The more serious pain can indicate a joint problem or a bone injury among other issues.
• Physical therapy may be needed if pain persists.
Poses Of Bikram Yoga Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next Poses Of Bikram Yoga Gallery Images
Electrical modalities, manual therapy, and peripheral muscle strengthening is helpful.
• This injury can last for many months, especially if it is ignored, and training is continued with pain.
• An MRI can define which tissue is injured and sometimes locate scarring on the tendon. Diagnostic injection can sometimes be productive when performed by a skilled sports orthopedist. Ask the doctor why extended rest is needed, if this is prescribed.