Mental Health Professional



A physician, pediatrician, or other health care provider can give you a referral to a mental health professional. Talk to your parent, your school counselor your school nurse, or another responsible, reliable adult about helping you find professional mental heath care in your area. Your county health department (listed in government listings under County Government Offices in the front of the phone book) has a children’s mental health division. In an emergency, call 911 or the police emergency number for your area.

Mental Health Professional Photo Gallery

Click on Photos for Next Mental Health Professional Gallery Images

Also: See Hotlines on here.


Therapy is a process that involves talking, listening, and having a trained professional really, really listen to you!

With guidance, you can identify and explore what’s making you feel bad and work through the problem. As the problem is resolved, positive thoughts and good feelings.

Will begin to replace the negative, sad ones.

It isn’t necessary to feel sad, scared, anxious, or “out of control” to get counseling or help. Lots of people talk to mental health care professionals to get ideas about themselvesunderstand themselvesand improve coping skills.

Getting therapy doesn’t mean you’re crazy or can’t help yourself. It enables you to understand your life better and feel more in control of it. A counselor can help guide you as you discover new possibilities, ID your dreams, and set goals for yourself that you can accomplish!


If you have extremely anxious feelings about food, physical activity and/or body image, talk to your parent and definitely make an appointment to talk to a counselor.

Sometimes (not always) these feelings can be related to the development of an eating disorder.

The behaviors associated with eating disorders are physically, emotionally, and mentally harmful and can become life-threatening if not treated.

Anorexia and bulimia are the names for two eating disorders that you may have read about in newspapers or magazines.

Leave a Reply