Main benefit – Activates and strengthens the abdominal core muscles.
1. Lie on your back on the mat, arms down the side of the body, palms down.
2. Bend your knees to help you draw your feet up into the sky directly above your hips.
3. Pull back on your toes, activate your thigh muscles by pulling up on the kneecaps.
Leg Lifts Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next Leg Lifts Gallery Images
Start slowly by lowering your legs towards the floor. Keep them straight and activated the whole time!
5. As soon as your lower back start to come off the mat that’s the indicator to stop and slowly return your legs up to the vertical position.
6. Repeat the process of slowly lowering the legs and raising them steadily back up about 8-10 times. If you get really tired, then rest the legs for a moment but make sure you do the full 8-10 repetitions.