KUNADLINI YOGA EXERCISE: EGO ERADICATOR
This kundalini yoga exercise energises you. Cleanses your blood and quiets your chattering monkey mind.
• Sit comfortably with your legs crossed and your spine straight. Tuck in your chin slightly to release the back of your neck.
• Close your eyes and focus them at the third eye in the centre of your brow.
• Press the pads of your fingertips against the tops of your palms. Release the thumbs so they stick out at a 90-degree angle.
• Raise your arms to 60 degrees from your shoulders.
Kunadlini Yoga Exercise: Ego Eradicator Photo Gallery
Click on Photos for Next Kunadlini Yoga Exercise: Ego Eradicator Gallery Images
Keep your shoulders relaxed and stick your thumbs up into the air.
• Begin breath of fire (or kapalabati breath), which is a bit like panting through your nose and jerking your navel back towards your spine as you powerfully exhale.
• Once you have completed three minutes, inhale deeply. Hold the breath as you bring your thumbs together to touch above your head. Then stretch out your fingers and comb them down through your aura as you exhale.
• Rest with your fingertips on the ground. A few moments, and relax.
I would recommend practising Chakrasana (the Wheel), which is not only an excellent pose for the spine, but it also works the legs and arms. The pose will improve the flexibility of the spine and also reduce tension in the neck and head and give the internal organs a gentle massage.
How to perform:
• Lie down onto your back with your knees bent. Bend elbows and place the palms of your hands on the floor.
• Inhale and lift the whole body up off the floor.
• Push the abdomen higher and curve your spine into an arc shape.
• Hold the position for at least 60-seconds.
• On an exhalation, slowly bring the body back down to the floor into its original position.
Repeat the exercise a few times.