Exercising While Trying To Get Pregnant
THE CACTUS PLAN’S GUIDELINES FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
If you are extremely overweight or underweight or have other health considerations, talk to your doctor about personalizing an activity plan just for you before you start (or change) your physical activity routine.
1. PARTICIPATE IN SAFE, SUPERVISED PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES THAT ENABLE YOU TO ACCUMULATE (ADD UP) AT LEAST AN HOUR OR MORE OF “MODERATE” OR “VIGOROUS” EXERCISE EVERY DAY
You can estimateloosely tally your time up during the course of the day It’s natural to alternate bursts of activity with brief periods of rest.
Romping around outside with your family playing supervised outdoor games and sports, participating in PE classes, shooting hoops, playing badminton, bicycling, or walking briskly with a parent all qualify. Vigorous activity causes you to breathe harder, makes you sweat, and causes your heart to beat faster (see below). Make sure to include this three days a week.
2. 3 DAYS OR MORE A WEEK, SOME OF YOUR HOUR (ABOVE) SHOULD BE MUSCLE-STRENGTHENING ACTIVITY; 3 OR MORE DAYS A WEEK, SOME OF YOUR HOUR SHOULD BE BONE-STRENGTHENING ACTIVITY. See here FOR MORE INFORMATION ON BONE-STRENGTHENING ACTIVITY; see here FOR MORE INFORMATION ON MUSCLE-STRENGTHENING ACTIVITY.
You may need to work up to this goal slowly. And that’s okayin fact, it’s the right way to begin. No pain, no gain? Wrong. There is no need for exercise to be painful.
ENJOYMENT IS ESSENTIAL
Figure out fun ways of being really activeactivities that can get you breathing hard, make you sweat, and make your heart beat faster. These are called vigorous activities. It makes sense that if you love doing them, you’ll be motivated to keep on doing them! Why not make exercising a family event? It’s fun!
Dancing counts, so turn up the radio and dance with yourself in the mirror. So does jumping rope. (Double Dutch? How vigorous is that!) Talk to your parents about playing tennis, soccer, or hockey with you; or roller-skating, in-line skating, swimming laps, or joining an aerobics class together. Get back in touch with the little kid in you who loves to run and skip, jump and play.
Exercising While Trying To Get Pregnant Photo Gallery
TELL ME AGAIN: “SO WHAT’S THE PAYOFF?” YOU ASK
It’s huge. Along with improving fitness, there’s a laundry list of other benefits from being physically active:
CRAZY EIGHT GREAT PAYOFF LIST
1. Physical activity elevates the mood and relieves stress.
2. It’s fun to be activeget in on it!
3. There are huge social perksthe potential to make new friends and spending time with friends are two of them.
4. You can learn and improve skillsvery personally satisfying. And who knows how far you’ll want to take it? A place on the team? An athletic scholarship to college? It happens all the time.
5. Staying in shape feels really good physicallywhich translates into feeling good all over.
6. Physical activity improves your appearance. How? Feeling really good is linked with looking your best.
7. You can increase your strength, endurance, and flexibility This is fantastic for all sportsincluding noncompetitive sports. An Olympic medal? Maybe it’s in the stars for you. Don’t count anything out.
8. You can keep your energy intake (calorie intake)/energy output in balance more easily when you are consistently physically active.