Dissolve and Evolve
A sequence for headache, neck, and jaw tension 45 to 65 minutes
- Bolster (or two rolled blankets or a large pillow)
- Blanket roll
- Block (or large hardcover book)
- Square eighth-fold blanket (or neck pillow)
- Basic Relaxation Pose
- Grounding Spinal Twist
- Head to Bolster Pose
- Supported Forward Fold
- Chair Forward Fold
- Inverting is contraindicated for pregnancy, hernia, severe acid reflux, brain injuries, glaucoma, and high blood pressure. If you suffer from any of these conditions, skip Chair Forward Fold.
- Helps relieve generalized head, neck, and jaw pain and tension by supporting the weight of your head and encouraging your neck and jaw to relax.
- . Begin with 20 to 30 minutes in Basic Relaxation Pose , then bend your knees and roll to your side.
- . Press yourself up to a sitting position, then move your legs off the bolster to the left so you are sitting on your right hip.
- . Turn the bolster so it’s lengthwise, with the narrow end touching your right hip, then guide yourself into Grounding Spinal Twist for 3 to 5 minutes. Leave the bolster as it is and turn your body around to repeat the pose on the other side.
- . After you’ve completed both sides, press yourself up to a sitting position facing the bolster and move into Head to Bolster Pose for 5 to 8 minutes.
- . Press yourself up and prop your bolster on the block topped with the square eighth-fold blanket and relax for 5 to 8 minutes in Supported Forward Fold .
- . Finally, move to a chair for 3 to 5 minutes in Chair Forward Fold .
In Grounding Spinal Twist, when you are sitting on your right hip, try placing your left cheek on the bolster to relieve neck tension. When you are sitting on your left hip, place your right cheek on the bolster.
Dissolve and Evolve Yoga Poses for Relaxing Photo Gallery
Basic Relaxation Pose
Grounding Spinal Twist
Head to Bolster Pose
Supported Forward Fold
Chair Forward Fold