Basic Yoga Poses And Names
Supporting the Other Elements to Assist the Wood Element.
As outlined in the 5 elements chapter, if we want to balance out the Wood element, we also need to take into consideration the elements that feed the Wood element which are Water (Shen cycle) and Metal (Ko cycle). This is especially the case of any illness or any disease related to the liver or gall bladder.
Water Element Stimulation and Harmonization.
– Keep cool. Cold showers and laying down to rest in the hottest part of the day can help to keep you cool.
– Meditation, gentle yoga stretching, stillness and quiet time.
– Good quality sleep.
– Look after your kidneys with good quality water and keep hydrated.
– Eat root vegetables Metal Element Nourishment.
– Wake early to get fresh energy into the lungs.
– Go for walks to simulate the lungs and circulate energy.
– Let go of any grudges, emotions or memories that tie you to your past.
– Avoid constipation (oats, prunes, linseed, etc)
– Do exercises and movements that lift the arms and stimulate the breath and diaphragm.
– Strip away the non-essentials, refine your character, let go of the past.