All Eating Disorders Require Treatmentall Of Them



It’s unhealthy and dangerous to try to control weight by intentionally interfering with the body’s natural process of metabolizing food and fluids. These behaviors may put the person at risk for developing an eating disorder or may indicate that the person already has one.

Also: Drugs that dehydrate the body or speed up the normal process of eliminating waste are sometimes improperly used by people who have the mistaken belief that these are weight-loss techniques. (They’re not. ) Misusing these drugs (or others) is dangerous and unhealthy and may be an indication that a person has, or is in the process of developing, an eating disorder.

Remember: Drugs (including herbal and over-the-counter drugs) taken by kids and teens should only be used under the supervision of a parent or health care professional.

Concerned about a friend? Talk to her or his parent or your parentor another trusted.

Adultabout the situation.

[gallery ids="249035,249046,249036,,249037,,249038,,249039,,249041,,249040,,249042,249043,,,249044,, 249045"]
Friendship means watching out for one another.

All Eating Disorders Require Treatmentall Of Them Photo Gallery

Click on Photos for Next All Eating Disorders Require Treatmentall Of Them Gallery Images

This includes getting help from a trusted adult when you think your friend has a problem.


Reliable information about eating disorders is available from:

National Eating Disorders Association.

603 Stewart Street, Suite 803 Seattle, WA 98101 Phone: 206-382-3587 Fax: 206-829-8501 www.NationalEatingDisorders. Org.

National Institute of Mental Health.

Office of Communications and Public Liaison Public inquiries, phone: 301-443-4513 Email: nimhinfo@nih. Gov Website: www.nimh.nih. Gov.

Or try contacting your local county health department, listed in the front of the phone book under “government listings. ?


When you need help, please reach out to a trustworthy, reliable adultlike an adult family member or friend, health care professional, teacher, school administrator, public safety officer (like a police officer or firefighter), or any other responsible adult you think can help you. In an emergency, call 911 or the police emergency number for your area.

Leave a Reply